You can listen to Episode 3 of the Invisible Cabaret Podcast on all the usual platforms, including spotify and youtube
'It's So Nice to See FLESH' | Creativity and Craft during Covid-19 with Steph de Whalley – The Invisible Cabaret Podcast: Mental Health & The Arts
This episode, Ferrero Rochelle and Rosie Verbose are joined by Invisible Cabaret troupe member, Stephanie De Whalley, AKA ‘Tootsie’, known for her fancy footwork and heartfelt performances. Join us as we chat about staying connected to your craft and creativity in lockdown, even in the midst of burnout. You can find Steph online at @stephdewhalley. She is represented by Simon & How.
I’ve always thought I was really pessimistic. I think I, particularly in this industry, like, it’s so easy to get really caught up in like, ‘Oh my God, what’s my next job?’ And like, and trying to go up the hierarchy, which is a horrible word, but sometimes you are like, ‘The next job, I want it to be maybe a bigger theatre or a bigger whatever.’ Success is a horrible driving force, I feel, sometimes. Sometimes. I think I might actually be an optimist, so there’s something.stephanie de whalley
Things mentioned in the podcast:
- ‘Magic Goes Wrong‘ by Mischief and Penn & Teller – see Steph in action in this rip-roaring show when theatres are up and running again! http://www.magicgoeswrong.com/ http://www.mischiefcomedy.com
- Self Employment Grant
- Equity union for performers and creative practitioners
- Mutual Aid volunteering – find out what you can do in your area
- Tom (i.e. Mr Steph) / follow him on Instagram
- Triller app – a way to keep connected to creativity in lockdown! We highly recommend watching Steph & Tom’s ‘Club Night’ for inspiration and a much-needed dose of silliness.
- Little Angel Theatre – listen to Steph read ‘The Frog Prince’ as part of the Stories for Children playlist
- CBS dance lessons
- Open University
Mixed by Matt Ennis
Music: Shades of Spring by Kevin MacLeod, available via Creative Commons license 4.0
Never miss an episode from Invisible Cabaret
We release our #InvisiblePodcast about mental health and creativity every other Friday.
Subscribe wherever you get your podcasts. Please do rate and review if you get a chance, it really helps other people find our work!