You can listen to the Invisible Cabaret Podcast episode 4 here!
Ferrero Rochelle and Rosie Verbose chat to Invisible Cabaret troupe member, Bolly Ditz Dolly, about burlesque, Bollywood and bhajis. Ditz has performed her unique brand of fusion-inspired neo-burlesque all over the shop, from Bitten Peach, OwPHWOARd and I Need to Cher, to being crowned the winner of Burlesque Idol UK 2019. In this episode, we explore her journey to burlesque, her creative process, and her passion for cooking samosas from scratch.
You can find BDD online at @bollyditz.dolly. Read more about her burlesque journey in this blog, or have a listen to more stories about her South Asian background on the acclaimed Masala Podcast.
BDD’s ‘Elephant in the Room’ act, performed at The Bedford, Balham & photographed by Richard McKenzie, AKA The Burly Photographer
Things mentioned in the podcast:
- Burlesque Idol
- House of Burlesque classes
- Sajid Javid’s political campaign
- London Bi Pandas
- Fact check: the Tragic Silencing of Salem the Cat.
With thanks to: Matt Ennis, www.mennismixing.co.uk
Music: Shades of Spring by Kevin MacLeod
‘F*ck the Rules, F*ck the Boxes’: Burlesque, Burnout & Body Positivity with TRIXIE KIXX – The Invisible Cabaret Podcast: Mental Health & The Arts
- ‘F*ck the Rules, F*ck the Boxes’: Burlesque, Burnout & Body Positivity with TRIXIE KIXX
- ‘I'm A Walking Paradox’ | Brain Science & Sparkly Bras with SAMMY SPARKLES
- ‘Bonus Points If You Go To Therapy’ | Fantasy and Reality with Anti-Shamer, REED AMBER
- ‘It’s Healthy to Sweat (and Kinda Sexy!)’ | Fitness & Femininity with LENA MAE LENMAN
- 'Reclaiming Things I Never Knew I Lost' | Corsets & Confidence with SINOPA RIN
Find more Invisible Cabaret on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube.
You can also email us at email@example.com.
Never miss an episode from Invisible Cabaret!
We release our #InvisiblePodcast about mental health and creativity every other Friday.
Subscribe wherever you enjoy podcasts: