BDD’s ‘Elephant in the Room’ act, performed at The Bedford, Balham & photographed by Richard McKenzie, AKA The Burly Photographer
Ferrero Rochelle and Rosie Verbose chat to Invisible Cabaret troupe member, Bolly Ditz Dolly, about burlesque, Bollywood and bhajis. Ditz has performed her unique brand of fusion-inspired neo-burlesque all over the shop, from Bitten Peach, OwPHWOARd and I Need to Cher, to being crowned the winner of Burlesque Idol UK 2019. In this episode, we explore her journey to burlesque, her creative process, and her passion for cooking samosas from scratch.
Things mentioned in the podcast:
- Burlesque Idol
- House of Burlesque classes
- Sajid Javid’s political campaign
- London Bi Pandas
- Fact check: the Tragic Silencing of Salem the Cat.
‘Everybody Loves Parfait’ | Grease and Grace with Burlesque Queen and Drag King, Petit Pois – The Invisible Cabaret Podcast
- ‘Everybody Loves Parfait’ | Grease and Grace with Burlesque Queen and Drag King, Petit Pois
- ‘I Was Reborn’ | Feminism & Feeling Your Oats with Ida Sanguine
- Redefining “Much” | Capitalism & Cyberpunk with Blue Monday
- When I Was a Fig in the Cabaret… | Toxic Positivity & Dancing Through Life with Belle Bluestocking
- Which Tree Were You at Drama School? | Processing Trauma through Comedy with Mouncealot
Invisible Cabaret is a cabaret and burlesque troupe devoted to raising mental health awareness, founded by Rosie Verbose and Ferrero Rochelle.
With thanks to: Matt Ennis, www.mennismixing.co.uk
You can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Never miss an episode from Invisible Cabaret!
We release our #InvisiblePodcast about mental health and creativity every other Friday.
Subscribe wherever you enjoy podcasts: