Ferrero Rochelle and Rosie Verbose chat to Invisible Cabaret troupe member, Bolly Ditz Dolly, about burlesque, Bollywood and bhajis. Ditz has performed her unique brand of fusion-inspired neo-burlesque all over the shop, from Bitten Peach, OwPHWOARd and I Need to Cher, to being crowned the winner of Burlesque Idol UK 2019. In this episode, we explore her journey to burlesque, her creative process, and her passion for cooking samosas from scratch.
BDD’s ‘Elephant in the Room’ act, performed at The Bedford, Balham & photographed by Richard McKenzie, AKA The Burly Photographer
Things mentioned in the podcast:
- Burlesque Idol
- House of Burlesque classes
- Sajid Javid’s political campaign
- London Bi Pandas
- Fact check: the Tragic Silencing of Salem the Cat.
With thanks to: Matt Ennis, www.mennismixing.co.uk
'Scars, Not Wounds' | Sanity, Sensitivity and Sobriety with Theatre Maker, GUY WOOLF – The Invisible Cabaret Podcast: Mental Health & Creativity
- 'Scars, Not Wounds' | Sanity, Sensitivity and Sobriety with Theatre Maker, GUY WOOLF
- 'Always Auditioning' | Opera, OCD and Overspending with Soprano, BRIA LOVEGROVE
- 'There Is No Pass Or Fail in Therapy' | The Power of Communication with Therapist, BRIAN THOMAS (AKA Papa Ferrero)
- 'You Can Just Jolly Well Catch Up' | PTSD and Productivity with Illustrator ELYSSA RIDER
- 'We're Revolutionaries Out Here' | I am Artist, Hear Me Art with CURLY CHAOS
You can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Never miss an episode from Invisible Cabaret!
We release our #InvisiblePodcast about mental health and creativity every other Friday.
Subscribe wherever you enjoy podcasts: