This episode, Ferrero Rochelle and Rosie Verbose are joined by Invisible Cabaret troupe member, Stephanie De Whalley, AKA ‘Tootsie’, known for her fancy footwork and heartfelt performances. Join us as we chat about staying connected to creativity and your craft, even in the midst of lockdown burnout. You can find Steph online at @stephdewhalley. She is represented by Simon & How.
Things mentioned in the podcast:
- ‘Magic Goes Wrong‘ by Mischief and Penn & Teller – see Steph in action in this rip-roaring show when theatres are up and running again! http://www.magicgoeswrong.com/ http://www.mischiefcomedy.com
- Self Employment Grant
- Equity union for performers and creative practitioners
- Mutual Aid volunteering – find out what you can do in your area
- Tom (i.e. Mr Steph) / follow him on Instagram
- Triller app – we highly recommend watching Steph & Tom’s ‘Club Night’
- Little Angel Theatre – listen to Steph read ‘The Frog Prince’ as part of the Stories for Children playlist
- CBS dance lessons
- Open University
Mixed by Matt Ennis
Music: Shades of Spring by Kevin MacLeod, available via Creative Commons license 4.0
Photo credit: Steve Gregson Photography
'We're Revolutionaries Out Here' | I am Artist, Hear Me Art with CURLY CHAOS – The Invisible Cabaret Podcast: Mental Health & Creativity
- 'We're Revolutionaries Out Here' | I am Artist, Hear Me Art with CURLY CHAOS
- "I am terrified. Are you?" "Yes. We are both terrified." | Making Music and Magic with ROBERT HALLOW
- Boys Don’t Cry | Locking Down and Opening Up with Richard 'The Burly Photographer’ McKenzie
- The Art of the Perfect Tickle-Slap | Glamour and Grit with Dee Dee La Femme
- 'Everybody Loves Parfait' | Grease and Grace with Burlesque Queen and Drag King, Petit Pois
Never miss an episode from Invisible Cabaret!
We release our #InvisiblePodcast about mental health and creativity every other Friday.
Subscribe wherever you enjoy podcasts: