This episode, Ferrero Rochelle and Rosie Verbose are joined by Invisible Cabaret troupe member, Stephanie De Whalley, AKA ‘Tootsie’, known for her fancy footwork and heartfelt performances. Join us as we chat about staying connected to your craft and creativity in lockdown, even in the midst of burnout. You can find Steph online at @stephdewhalley. She is represented by Simon & How.
Things mentioned in the podcast:
- ‘Magic Goes Wrong‘ by Mischief and Penn & Teller – see Steph in action in this rip-roaring show when theatres are up and running again! http://www.magicgoeswrong.com/ http://www.mischiefcomedy.com
- Self Employment Grant
- Equity union for performers and creative practitioners
- Mutual Aid volunteering – find out what you can do in your area
- Tom (i.e. Mr Steph) / follow him on Instagram
- Triller app – a way to keep connected to creativity in lockdown! We highly recommend watching Steph & Tom’s ‘Club Night’ for inspiration and a much-needed dose of silliness.
- Little Angel Theatre – listen to Steph read ‘The Frog Prince’ as part of the Stories for Children playlist
- CBS dance lessons
- Open University
Mixed by Matt Ennis
Music: Shades of Spring by Kevin MacLeod, available via Creative Commons license 4.0
Photo credit: Steve Gregson Photography
‘If You Don’t Have Mental Health Issues, You’re Not Paying Attention’ | Persona, Queerness and Raaage with the Iconic RUBYYY JONES – The Invisible Cabaret Podcast: Mental Health & Creativity
- ‘If You Don’t Have Mental Health Issues, You’re Not Paying Attention’ | Persona, Queerness and Raaage with the Iconic RUBYYY JONES
- 'The Power of Small' | Our First Ever LIVE Podcast Recording!
- 'Scars, Not Wounds' | Sanity, Sensitivity and Sobriety with Theatre Maker, GUY WOOLF
- 'Always Auditioning' | Opera, OCD and Overspending with Soprano, BRIA LOVEGROVE
- 'There Is No Pass Or Fail in Therapy' | The Power of Communication with Therapist, BRIAN THOMAS (AKA Papa Ferrero)
Never miss an episode from Invisible Cabaret
We release our #InvisiblePodcast about mental health and creativity every other Friday
Subscribe wherever you get your podcasts. Please do rate and review if you get a chance, it really helps other people find our work!