There’s loads of ways you can listen, including: Anchor FM (via which you can find us on lots of other platforms), Spotify, Apple Podcasts, and YouTube.
More creativity and mental health chat with Ferrero Rochelle and Rosie Verbose! We had the pleasure of chatting to illustrator and sex-educator, Elyssa Rider, about her experience of EMDR therapy, managing burnout as a freelance content creator, and representing the world as she thinks it ought to be. We covered a LOAD of great stuff but please be aware there is a lot of discussion about treating trauma of various kinds, so please check in with yourself before listening and feel free to skip using the time stamps below ❤️
Please note, we experienced a technical glitch during recording which was absolutely NOTHING to do with Rosie having a moment of complete and utter stupidity. As such, there is a slight difference in quality between the first half of the podcast and the rest of the episode. Thank you for your patience. Rosie has learned her lesson.CW: brief mentions of racism (4:17 – 5:10 and 24:40 – 26:03); street harassment (9:57 – 10:42 and 24:20 – 26:03); PTSD and trauma (15:40 – 22:00).
Be in the next episode of #InvisiblePodcast! Tweet or DM us with what you’re grateful for this week, or – better still – send us a voice message! You can also email us: email@example.com.
Things mentioned in the podcast:
- EMDR (not to be confused with EDM)
- Elyssa’s Street Harassment Diaries: here and here
- Elyssa’s illustration & shop
- Butterfly Sailor Moon meme
- Rosie Verbose’s singing livestreams are available to watch on her Instagram: @rosieverbose
- Catfish: the TV show
- Queer Christmas cards!
- Ruby Rare’s book, ‘A S-x Guide for Adults’
Are you an artist (of any description) with a mental health story to tell? Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more details about how to be a future guest on the podcast.
With thanks to: Matt Ennis, www.mennismixing.co.uk
Music: Shades of Spring by Kevin MacLeod, available under license: creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/
If you’re affected by any of the issues raised in this episode, please do not be afraid to seek support. Help is available. The NHS website has a great directory to get you started.
'Always Auditioning' | Opera, OCD and Overspending with Soprano, BRIA LOVEGROVE – The Invisible Cabaret Podcast: Mental Health & Creativity
- 'Always Auditioning' | Opera, OCD and Overspending with Soprano, BRIA LOVEGROVE
- 'There Is No Pass Or Fail in Therapy' | The Power of Communication with Therapist, BRIAN THOMAS (AKA Papa Ferrero)
- 'You Can Just Jolly Well Catch Up' | PTSD and Productivity with Illustrator ELYSSA RIDER
- 'We're Revolutionaries Out Here' | I am Artist, Hear Me Art with CURLY CHAOS
- "I am terrified. Are you?" "Yes. We are both terrified." | Making Music and Magic with ROBERT HALLOW
Never miss an episode from Invisible Cabaret!
We release our #InvisiblePodcast about mental health and creativity every other Friday.
Subscribe wherever you enjoy podcasts: