Burlesque siren/ Norwegian nymph/ Invisible troupe member Ida Sanguine joins hosts Ferrero Rochelle & Rosie Verbose to talk about creativity and mental health (as always). Among other things, the friends chat about the origins of Ida’s burlesque career, her ‘knack for sensual movement,’ being a performer in lockdown, and the Law of Jante…
Are you an artist (of any description) with a mental health story to tell? Email email@example.com for more details about how to be a future guest on the podcast.
Things mentioned in the podcast:
- Burlesque performer, Belle de Beauvoir (the quote we reference was on her Instagram story so has since expired, but she’s well worth a follow all the same!)
- LIPA (Liverpool Institute for the Performing Arts)
- LIPA Vogue Ball – the birth of Sanguine [as Jessica Rabbit]
- Law of Jante
- JournalSpeak with Nicole J. Sachs
- COFX coffee shop in London
- Parks & Recreation – how to watch in the UK
And no, we still don’t know what Ida said at the end… If you can understand, get in touch!
Be in the next episode of #InvisiblePodcast! Tweet or DM us with what you’re grateful for this week, or – better still – send us a voice message!
With thanks to: Matt Ennis, www.mennismixing.co.uk
Music: Shades of Spring by Kevin MacLeod, available under license: creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/
‘F*ck the Rules, F*ck the Boxes’: Burlesque, Burnout & Body Positivity with TRIXIE KIXX – The Invisible Cabaret Podcast: Mental Health & The Arts
- ‘F*ck the Rules, F*ck the Boxes’: Burlesque, Burnout & Body Positivity with TRIXIE KIXX
- ‘I'm A Walking Paradox’ | Brain Science & Sparkly Bras with SAMMY SPARKLES
- ‘Bonus Points If You Go To Therapy’ | Fantasy and Reality with Anti-Shamer, REED AMBER
- ‘It’s Healthy to Sweat (and Kinda Sexy!)’ | Fitness & Femininity with LENA MAE LENMAN
- 'Reclaiming Things I Never Knew I Lost' | Corsets & Confidence with SINOPA RIN
Never miss an episode from Invisible Cabaret!
We release our #InvisiblePodcast about mental health and creativity every other Friday.
Subscribe wherever you enjoy podcasts: