Join cabaret producers and podcast hosts Rosie Verbose & Ferrero Rochelle, as they chat with troupe member Blue Monday about creativity & mental health. A talented singer and musician, Blue shares some of the inspiration behind her digital soundscapes, as well as some of the research she’s amassed about how the need to make money affects our wellbeing. We also touch on themes such as lockdown (naturally), OCD, and dystopian fiction. It will make sense when you listen. Probably.
You can find Blue Monday on Instagram as @bluemonday.exe.
Are you an artist (of any description) with a mental health story to tell? Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more details about how to be a future guest on the podcast.
Things mentioned in the podcast:
- CW: abuse at 28.37 – 32.34
- Ada Lovelace – one of first coders, not to be confused with Linda Lovelace…
- The marketing creation of Blue Monday
- Extrinsic vs intrinsic goals: a sample study
- Cyberpunk and its links with the past
- ‘Fig tree’ piece – Belle Bluestocking explained her thinking on a recent podcast
- OCD info
- Mouncealot episode on processing trauma through art
- Perfectionism: some resources
- Warburtons wheat-free sourdough cob bread (Rosie’s gratitude for the week!)
- National Domestic Abuse Helpline & the UK government website
- Erin’s recipe : baby tomato & rosemary foccacia – stay tuned on our blog & socials!
Be in the next episode of #InvisiblePodcast! Tweet or DM us with what you’re grateful for this week, or – better still – send us a voice message!
With thanks to: Matt Ennis, www.mennismixing.co.uk
Music: Shades of Spring by Kevin MacLeod, available under license: creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/
'Scars, Not Wounds' | Sanity, Sensitivity and Sobriety with Theatre Maker, GUY WOOLF – The Invisible Cabaret Podcast: Mental Health & Creativity
- 'Scars, Not Wounds' | Sanity, Sensitivity and Sobriety with Theatre Maker, GUY WOOLF
- 'Always Auditioning' | Opera, OCD and Overspending with Soprano, BRIA LOVEGROVE
- 'There Is No Pass Or Fail in Therapy' | The Power of Communication with Therapist, BRIAN THOMAS (AKA Papa Ferrero)
- 'You Can Just Jolly Well Catch Up' | PTSD and Productivity with Illustrator ELYSSA RIDER
- 'We're Revolutionaries Out Here' | I am Artist, Hear Me Art with CURLY CHAOS
Never miss an episode from Invisible Cabaret!
We release our #InvisiblePodcast about mental health and creativity every other Friday.
Subscribe wherever you enjoy podcasts: