You can listen to Episode 5 here!
Episode 5 of #InvisiblePodcast brings you an interview with London-based actor and our ‘resident clown’, Kate Mounce, AKA Mouncealot. Ferrero Rochelle and Rosie Verbose enjoy a fun and meaningful chat about mental health and the art of clowning, CPTSD and BPD, laughing at vs. laughing with, trauma and its effects on the body, navigating vulnerability in performance, and making work that comes from your deepest, raw self. All in about half an hour. Who says we’re not having a productive quarantine?
You can find Mouncealot online at @mouncealot83 and via her theatre company, Beside Ourselves Collective (@besideourselves on Instagram and TikTok).
Things mentioned in the podcast:
- Beside Ourselves Collective (see above) – devised theatre collaboration between LISPA trained Kate Mounce and Fourth Monkey graduate Eleanor Young.
- C-PTSD (Complex Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder)
- BPD (Borderline Personality Disorder)
- LISPA (now arthaus.berlin)
- École Internationale de Théâtre Jacques LeCoq
- Recommended reading: ‘Waking the Tiger’ by Peter Levine (about somatic experiencing and psychological trauma).
Be in the next episode of #InvisiblePodcast! Tweet or DM us with what you’re grateful for this week, or – better still – send us a voice message!
With thanks to: Matt Ennis, www.mennismixing.co.uk
Music: Shades of Spring by Kevin MacLeod, available under license: creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/
‘F*ck the Rules, F*ck the Boxes’: Burlesque, Burnout & Body Positivity with TRIXIE KIXX – The Invisible Cabaret Podcast: Mental Health & The Arts
- ‘F*ck the Rules, F*ck the Boxes’: Burlesque, Burnout & Body Positivity with TRIXIE KIXX
- ‘I'm A Walking Paradox’ | Brain Science & Sparkly Bras with SAMMY SPARKLES
- ‘Bonus Points If You Go To Therapy’ | Fantasy and Reality with Anti-Shamer, REED AMBER
- ‘It’s Healthy to Sweat (and Kinda Sexy!)’ | Fitness & Femininity with LENA MAE LENMAN
- 'Reclaiming Things I Never Knew I Lost' | Corsets & Confidence with SINOPA RIN
Never miss an episode from Invisible Cabaret!
We release our #InvisiblePodcast about mental health and creativity every other Friday.
Subscribe wherever you enjoy podcasts: