Episode 5 of #InvisiblePodcast brings you an interview with London-based actor and our ‘resident clown’, Kate Mounce, AKA Mouncealot. Ferrero Rochelle and Rosie Verbose enjoy a fun and meaningful chat around the subject of mental health and the art of clowning. Firstly, what is C-PTSD? Is that different to BPD? Is there a difference between laughing at vs. laughing with? Then, what about trauma and its effects on the body? How on earth do you navigate vulnerability in performance, and making work that comes from your deepest, raw self? In this, we will tackle all of the above. All in about half an hour. Who says we’re not having a productive quarantine?
Things mentioned in the podcast:
- Beside Ourselves Collective (see above) – devised theatre collaboration between LISPA trained Kate Mounce and Fourth Monkey graduate Eleanor Young.
- C-PTSD (Complex Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder): the Mind website has a useful starting point for understanding and getting support
- BPD (Borderline Personality Disorder)
- LISPA (now arthaus.berlin)
- École Internationale de Théâtre Jacques LeCoq
- Recommended reading: ‘Waking the Tiger’ by Peter Levine (about somatic experiencing and psychological trauma).
If you enjoyed this episode, you might like to hear more about the subject of trauma. As such, you might like our episode about trauma therapy and art with illustrator Elyssa Rider. Alternatively, if you’d like to hear a mental health professional’s approach, you should check out our episode with CBT therapist, Papa Ferrero!
Be in the next episode of #InvisiblePodcast! Tweet or DM us with what you’re grateful for this week, or – better still – send us a voice message!
With thanks to: Matt Ennis, www.mennismixing.co.uk
‘If You Don’t Have Mental Health Issues, You’re Not Paying Attention’ | Persona, Queerness and Raaage with the Iconic RUBYYY JONES – The Invisible Cabaret Podcast: Mental Health & Creativity
- ‘If You Don’t Have Mental Health Issues, You’re Not Paying Attention’ | Persona, Queerness and Raaage with the Iconic RUBYYY JONES
- 'The Power of Small' | Our First Ever LIVE Podcast Recording!
- 'Scars, Not Wounds' | Sanity, Sensitivity and Sobriety with Theatre Maker, GUY WOOLF
- 'Always Auditioning' | Opera, OCD and Overspending with Soprano, BRIA LOVEGROVE
- 'There Is No Pass Or Fail in Therapy' | The Power of Communication with Therapist, BRIAN THOMAS (AKA Papa Ferrero)