Episode 5 of #InvisiblePodcast brings you an interview with London-based actor and our ‘resident clown’, Kate Mounce, AKA Mouncealot. Ferrero Rochelle and Rosie Verbose enjoy a fun and meaningful chat about mental health and the art of clowning, CPTSD and BPD, laughing at vs. laughing with, trauma and its effects on the body, navigating vulnerability in performance, and making work that comes from your deepest, raw self. All in about half an hour. Who says we’re not having a productive quarantine?
Things mentioned in the podcast:
- Beside Ourselves Collective (see above) – devised theatre collaboration between LISPA trained Kate Mounce and Fourth Monkey graduate Eleanor Young.
- C-PTSD (Complex Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder)
- BPD (Borderline Personality Disorder)
- LISPA (now arthaus.berlin)
- École Internationale de Théâtre Jacques LeCoq
- Recommended reading: ‘Waking the Tiger’ by Peter Levine (about somatic experiencing and psychological trauma).
Be in the next episode of #InvisiblePodcast! Tweet or DM us with what you’re grateful for this week, or – better still – send us a voice message!
With thanks to: Matt Ennis, www.mennismixing.co.uk
'We're Revolutionaries Out Here' | I am Artist, Hear Me Art with CURLY CHAOS – The Invisible Cabaret Podcast: Mental Health & Creativity
- 'We're Revolutionaries Out Here' | I am Artist, Hear Me Art with CURLY CHAOS
- "I am terrified. Are you?" "Yes. We are both terrified." | Making Music and Magic with ROBERT HALLOW
- Boys Don’t Cry | Locking Down and Opening Up with Richard 'The Burly Photographer’ McKenzie
- The Art of the Perfect Tickle-Slap | Glamour and Grit with Dee Dee La Femme
- 'Everybody Loves Parfait' | Grease and Grace with Burlesque Queen and Drag King, Petit Pois
Never miss an episode from Invisible Cabaret!
We release our #InvisiblePodcast about mental health and creativity every other Friday.
Subscribe wherever you enjoy podcasts: