There’s loads of ways you can listen, including: Anchor FM (via which you can find us on lots of other platforms), Spotify, Apple Podcasts, and YouTube.
Burlesque artist, host and all-round powerhouse Curly Chaos joins Ferrero Rochelle and Rosie Verbose, to chat about what creativity and mental health means to her. Expect a rip-roaring half-hour adventure through dance, periods, psychotherapy and mutilating rubber ducks. Strap in, lads.
Be in the next episode of #InvisiblePodcast! Tweet or DM us with what you’re grateful for this week, or – better still – send us a voice message! You can also email us: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Things mentioned in the podcast:
- Chaotic Good
- Neo-burlesque: a short history
- Rubber duck act; Willy Wonka teaser; Chaos Cabaret; Warrior Act- see Curly’s Instagram!
- East London burlesque studio – run by Evelyn Carnate
- Cabaret vs. Cancer
- Love Actually first lobster
- Prima ballerina with Alzheimer’s is transported by music
- Our episode with troupe member and nurse, Miss Mustardseed – she also wrote about it on our blog
- Our episode with Robert Hallow (re. dealing with anger)
- SO cards
- That’s Burlesque podcast
- Bitten Peach cabaret collective
- Cocoa Butter Club burlesque collective
- Gratitude jar – make your own using this guide!
Are you an artist (of any description) with a mental health story to tell? Email email@example.com for more details about how to be a future guest on the podcast.
With thanks to: Matt Ennis, www.mennismixing.co.uk
Music: Shades of Spring by Kevin MacLeod, available under license: creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/
If you’re affected by any of the issues raised in this episode, please do not be afraid to seek support. Help is available. The NHS website has a great directory to get you started.
'We're Revolutionaries Out Here' | I am Artist, Hear Me Art with CURLY CHAOS – The Invisible Cabaret Podcast: Mental Health & Creativity
- 'We're Revolutionaries Out Here' | I am Artist, Hear Me Art with CURLY CHAOS
- "I am terrified. Are you?" "Yes. We are both terrified." | Making Music and Magic with ROBERT HALLOW
- Boys Don’t Cry | Locking Down and Opening Up with Richard 'The Burly Photographer’ McKenzie
- The Art of the Perfect Tickle-Slap | Glamour and Grit with Dee Dee La Femme
- 'Everybody Loves Parfait' | Grease and Grace with Burlesque Queen and Drag King, Petit Pois
Never miss an episode from Invisible Cabaret!
We release our #InvisiblePodcast about mental health and creativity every other Friday.
Subscribe wherever you enjoy podcasts: