You can listen to Episode 13 here!
There’s loads of ways you can listen, including: Anchor FM (via which you can find us on lots of other platforms), Spotify, Apple Podcasts, and YouTube.
Burlesque artist, host and all-round powerhouse Curly Chaos joins Ferrero Rochelle and Rosie Verbose, to chat about what creativity and mental health means to her. Expect a rip-roaring half-hour adventure through dance, periods, psychotherapy and mutilating rubber ducks. Strap in, lads.
Check out Curly on Instagram as @curly_chaos_burlesque, and read her blog here.
Some useful links for mental health issues mentioned in this episode [CW] – PMDD (12:13 – 16:30): treatment; self-care; blog & community; suicidal thoughts (25:16-20).
Be in the next episode of #InvisiblePodcast! Tweet or DM us with what you’re grateful for this week, or – better still – send us a voice message! You can also email us: email@example.com.
Things mentioned in the podcast:
- Chaotic Good
- Neo-burlesque: a short history
- Rubber duck act; Willy Wonka teaser; Chaos Cabaret; Warrior Act- see Curly’s Instagram!
- East London burlesque studio – run by Evelyn Carnate
- Cabaret vs. Cancer
- Love Actually first lobster
- Prima ballerina with Alzheimer’s is transported by music
- Our episode with troupe member and nurse, Miss Mustardseed – she also wrote about it on our blog
- Our episode with Robert Hallow (re. dealing with anger)
- SO cards
- That’s Burlesque podcast
- Bitten Peach cabaret collective
- Cocoa Butter Club burlesque collective
- Gratitude jar – make your own using this guide!
Are you an artist (of any description) with a mental health story to tell? Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more details about how to be a future guest on the podcast.
With thanks to: Matt Ennis, www.mennismixing.co.uk
Music: Shades of Spring by Kevin MacLeod, available under license: creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/
If you’re affected by any of the issues raised in this episode, please do not be afraid to seek support. Help is available. The NHS website has a great directory to get you started.
‘F*ck the Rules, F*ck the Boxes’: Burlesque, Burnout & Body Positivity with TRIXIE KIXX – The Invisible Cabaret Podcast: Mental Health & The Arts
- ‘F*ck the Rules, F*ck the Boxes’: Burlesque, Burnout & Body Positivity with TRIXIE KIXX
- ‘I'm A Walking Paradox’ | Brain Science & Sparkly Bras with SAMMY SPARKLES
- ‘Bonus Points If You Go To Therapy’ | Fantasy and Reality with Anti-Shamer, REED AMBER
- ‘It’s Healthy to Sweat (and Kinda Sexy!)’ | Fitness & Femininity with LENA MAE LENMAN
- 'Reclaiming Things I Never Knew I Lost' | Corsets & Confidence with SINOPA RIN
Never miss an episode from Invisible Cabaret!
We release our #InvisiblePodcast about mental health and creativity every other Friday.
Subscribe wherever you enjoy podcasts: