You can listen to Episode 10 here!
Our mental health and creativity podcast hits its 10th episode! And who better to celebrate with than another Invisible Cabaret stalwart, the sexy chanteuse, lipstick lesbian and baddest of asses, Dee Dee La Femme.
You can find Dani on Instagram as @deedeelafemme, and on her page dedicated to sexual wellbeing and sex positivity.
Are you an artist (of any description) with a mental health story to tell? Email email@example.com for more details about how to be a future guest on the podcast.
Things mentioned in the podcast:
- Don’t drink Lemsip if you’re taking antidepressants!
- Dani’s Quarantine Birthday video
- Kubler-Ross Stages of Grief, not to be confused with the Myers-Briggs personality test 😂
- High-functioning depression
- Loss of libido: NHS guide
- Self-date ideas: some tips to get you started
- Health benefits of cuddling & some new cuddle positions to try 😏
- Relate official website
- Louis Theroux: one of Rosie’s fave documentaries
- Miss Mustardseed’s latest blog on our website
Be in the next episode of #InvisiblePodcast! Tweet or DM us with what you’re grateful for this week, or – better still – send us a voice message!
With thanks to: Matt Ennis, www.mennismixing.co.uk
Music: Shades of Spring by Kevin MacLeod, available under license: creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/
‘F*ck the Rules, F*ck the Boxes’: Burlesque, Burnout & Body Positivity with TRIXIE KIXX – The Invisible Cabaret Podcast: Mental Health & The Arts
Ferrero Rochelle & Rosie Verbose are joined by professional dancer & burlesque artiste, Trixie Kixx! Trixie is a powerhouse queer woman with a passion for body confidence centred around how movement makes us feel, not what we look like. She regularly performs with House of Burlesque and teaches lessons in London and online. She's also a Queen Crystaller (read, the gateway drug for Rosie Verbose's stoning obsession, as discussed with Sammy Sparkles!). Join us as we chat about burlesque, practising body positivity/ body neutrality as a dancer, and more. CW: discussion of weight & body image throughout Keep up to date with Trixie on Instagram: @trixiekixx, and follow her work with House of Burlesque & Off The Rails Studios while you're at it! Trixie teaches a class every Tuesday at 8:10pm online and in the studio at Off The Rails (@offtherails.studio), open to all women. *** What are you grateful for? Be in the next episode of our podcast and tell us what has you feeling thankful lately. You can Tweet us at @inviscabaret, DM us on Instagram or send us a voice message. *** Things mentioned in the podcast: Trixie in action: classic burlesque strip, example routine from a class House of Burlesque's lockdown rehearsal process Tempest Rose's Gypsy monologue act Trixie's Bloody Mary act – photos on our social media & website; learn about Mary I here! Waacking (you can learn this with Mademoiselle Ginger Advice on curating your social media for better mental health Re. curating your social media feed – see our episode with Reed Amber for more on this 'Eleveneriefe' meme Roch mentions Miss Mustardseed – check out our episode with her here (also about body positivity!) Hypothyroidism Boots Botanics skincare Kew Gardens *** Edited and mixed by Matt Ennis, www.mennismixing.co.uk Music: Shades of Spring by Kevin MacLeod , available by license: creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0 http://www.invisiblecabaret.org — Send in a voice message: https://podcasters.spotify.com/pod/show/invisible-cabaret/message
- ‘F*ck the Rules, F*ck the Boxes’: Burlesque, Burnout & Body Positivity with TRIXIE KIXX
- ‘I'm A Walking Paradox’ | Brain Science & Sparkly Bras with SAMMY SPARKLES
- ‘Bonus Points If You Go To Therapy’ | Fantasy and Reality with Anti-Shamer, REED AMBER
- ‘It’s Healthy to Sweat (and Kinda Sexy!)’ | Fitness & Femininity with LENA MAE LENMAN
- 'Reclaiming Things I Never Knew I Lost' | Corsets & Confidence with SINOPA RIN
Never miss an episode from Invisible Cabaret!
We release our #InvisiblePodcast about mental health and creativity every other Friday.
Subscribe wherever you enjoy podcasts: