What a treat to talk to Petit Pois, a celebrated burlesque artiste and drag performer who just happens to be one of the longest-running members of our troupe! Hosts Ferrero Rochelle & Rosie Verbose talk to Shayla about her love of performing, creating characters and removing layers (in all senses).
Are you an artist (of any description) with a mental health story to tell? Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more details about how to be a future guest on the podcast.
Things mentioned in the podcast:
- Petit Pois as Danny Zuko at the World Burlesque Games
- Watch a snippet of Petit Pois in her ‘Miracle’ act and on our Instagram
- Derren Brown’s ‘miracle’ speech
- Check out Dodie’s music, used in the ‘Miracle’ act
- Incredible circus performer who just happens to be Shayla’s bro, Danny Ash
- For Petit Pois’s acts, e.g. Miss Trunchbull… see her website!
- The Shame Wizard on Big Mouth
- And of course, we couldn’t leave out the full video for Bedknobs and Broomsticks ‘bobbing along’!
Be in the next episode of #InvisiblePodcast! Tweet or DM us with what you’re grateful for this week, or – better still – send us a voice message!
With thanks to: Matt Ennis, www.mennismixing.co.uk
Music: Shades of Spring by Kevin MacLeod, available under license: creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/
'Scars, Not Wounds' | Sanity, Sensitivity and Sobriety with Theatre Maker, GUY WOOLF – The Invisible Cabaret Podcast: Mental Health & Creativity
- 'Scars, Not Wounds' | Sanity, Sensitivity and Sobriety with Theatre Maker, GUY WOOLF
- 'Always Auditioning' | Opera, OCD and Overspending with Soprano, BRIA LOVEGROVE
- 'There Is No Pass Or Fail in Therapy' | The Power of Communication with Therapist, BRIAN THOMAS (AKA Papa Ferrero)
- 'You Can Just Jolly Well Catch Up' | PTSD and Productivity with Illustrator ELYSSA RIDER
- 'We're Revolutionaries Out Here' | I am Artist, Hear Me Art with CURLY CHAOS
Never miss an episode from Invisible Cabaret!
We release our #InvisiblePodcast about mental health and creativity every other Friday.
Subscribe wherever you enjoy podcasts: