'Everybody Loves Parfait' | Grease and Grace with Burlesque Queen and Drag King, Petit Pois – The Invisible Cabaret Podcast: Mental Health & The Arts
What a treat to talk to Petit Pois, a celebrated burlesque artiste and drag performer who just happens to be one of the longest-running members of our troupe! Hosts Ferrero Rochelle & Rosie Verbose talk to Shayla about her love of performing, creating characters and removing layers (in all senses).
Are you an artist (of any description) with a mental health story to tell? Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more details about how to be a future guest on the podcast.
Things mentioned in the podcast:
- Petit Pois as Danny Zuko at the World Burlesque Games
- Watch a snippet of Petit Pois in her ‘Miracle’ act and on our Instagram
- Derren Brown’s ‘miracle’ speech
- Check out Dodie’s music, used in the ‘Miracle’ act
- Incredible circus performer who just happens to be Shayla’s bro, Danny Ash
- For Petit Pois’s acts, e.g. Miss Trunchbull… see her website!
- The Shame Wizard on Big Mouth
- And of course, we couldn’t leave out the full video for Bedknobs and Broomsticks ‘bobbing along’!
With thanks to: Matt Ennis, www.mennismixing.co.uk
Music: Shades of Spring by Kevin MacLeod, available under license: creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/
Never miss an episode from Invisible Cabaret
We release our #InvisiblePodcast about mental health and creativity every other Friday.
Subscribe wherever you get your podcasts. Please do rate and review if you get a chance, it really helps other people find our work!