You can listen to Episode 9 here!
What a treat to talk to Petit Pois, a celebrated burlesque artiste and drag performer who just happens to be one of the longest-running members of our troupe! Hosts Ferrero Rochelle & Rosie Verbose talk to Shayla about her love of performing, creating characters and removing layers (in all senses).
You can find Petit Pois via her website, on Facebook and on Instagram as @petitpoisburlesque.
Are you an artist (of any description) with a mental health story to tell? Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more details about how to be a future guest on the podcast.
Things mentioned in the podcast:
- Petit Pois as Danny Zuko at the World Burlesque Games
- Watch a snippet of Petit Pois in her ‘Miracle’ act and on our Instagram
- Derren Brown’s ‘miracle’ speech
- Check out Dodie’s music, used in the ‘Miracle’ act
- Incredible circus performer who just happens to be Shayla’s bro, Danny Ash
- For Petit Pois’s acts, e.g. Miss Trunchbull… see her website!
- The Shame Wizard on Big Mouth
- And of course, we couldn’t leave out the full video for Bedknobs and Broomsticks ‘bobbing along’!
Be in the next episode of #InvisiblePodcast! Tweet or DM us with what you’re grateful for this week, or – better still – send us a voice message!
With thanks to: Matt Ennis, www.mennismixing.co.uk
Music: Shades of Spring by Kevin MacLeod, available under license: creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/
‘F*ck the Rules, F*ck the Boxes’: Burlesque, Burnout & Body Positivity with TRIXIE KIXX – The Invisible Cabaret Podcast: Mental Health & The Arts
- ‘F*ck the Rules, F*ck the Boxes’: Burlesque, Burnout & Body Positivity with TRIXIE KIXX
- ‘I'm A Walking Paradox’ | Brain Science & Sparkly Bras with SAMMY SPARKLES
- ‘Bonus Points If You Go To Therapy’ | Fantasy and Reality with Anti-Shamer, REED AMBER
- ‘It’s Healthy to Sweat (and Kinda Sexy!)’ | Fitness & Femininity with LENA MAE LENMAN
- 'Reclaiming Things I Never Knew I Lost' | Corsets & Confidence with SINOPA RIN
Never miss an episode from Invisible Cabaret!
We release our #InvisiblePodcast about mental health and creativity every other Friday.
Subscribe wherever you enjoy podcasts: